We are proud to share with you our “My Career Advisor” story, and what brought about us realizing what people really require in order to be successful, and then developing it from an idea to an actual presentation of this valuable service.
My Career Advisor was founded to serve a much needed gap in the world of information and technology that we live in today. It is based on the single principle of providing a centralized place of information for those looking to start a new and rewarding career, or upgrade their current career.
We are a totally independent company with a mission of being Canada’s Career Development Resource Centre, providing all the tools and step-by-step resources to help you make the right decisions when selecting your career path.
Our Team has over 20+ years of experience in the Post-Secondary education and training sector. We understand that not all training is equal and having a diploma or certificate from a shortened training program isn’t always the best route. At the same time, it is critical for you to find the best training for the best price.
What we are trying to achieve is providing you with all the resources you need at your fingertips, and when you want and need them.
Access to all our resources is available with a low monthly subscription fee, which you may put on hold and re-activate within 12 months, without having to re-join or pay the setup admin fees again. We went with this method so that you can sign up, do all your pre-training research, then put your subscription on hold until you are close to completing your training. Then you can re-activate your membership and complete your post-training research, or keep your low monthly subscription active. Either way the choice is yours.
Our resource tools are always up-to-date. Also, we are constantly adding new features to enhance your access to all of the valuable resources you need to be successful.
With our easy-to-navigate tools, you have access to all the resources you need – right at your fingertips.
- Explore your Potential – Assessment Centre: Helps you identify the ideal career path that is right for you.
- Career Profiles Video Library – Research Your Career: Search potential career videos
- Research – Colleges & Tuition: Find the right training institution in your area and compare tuitions anywhere in Canada
- International Studies – Study in Canada: Find all the relevant links on how to study and learn in Canada
- Job Boards – Industry Specific Job Search: Once you graduate, use our one stop industry specific job board links to find the job that starts your journey to a successful career, without wasting time searching out and looking at job boards that will not help you.
- Resume Portfolio: To land your ideal job, you need a perfect resume. This Section will provide you with the tools you need to make a dynamic first impression, get shortlisted, and eventually get the job you want. The tools included in this section include: Cover Letters, Resumes, and Job Interview Assistance.
- Skills Upgrade – Free Tutorials for Skills Upgrading: If you don’t need a certificate, but require specific training, you can upgrade your skills with free video tutorials
- Tutoring Services – Online Tutoring Services: Need a little help with your studies? We will direct you to an on-line tutoring service that should provide all the assistance you need.
- Personalized Guidance – One-on-One Career Counseling: Need a little extra guidance? Our team of Career Consultants can assist you – all the way from picking your right career to landing that perfect job